Monday, January 16, 2012

Easy Peasey Weekend...

I love weekends when I have absolutely zero planned. That was my past weekend except it ended up being more busy (and painful) than I anticipated.

Friday evening the hubby and I headed over to Tangy's to get our compound bows fitted for us. What we thought would be maybe an hour there turned into like 3... so all hopes of wrapping up all of our errands on Friday evening for a relaxing weekend at home were quickly deflated. Mitch's bow got refitted and worked on only to be told the entire arrow rest had to be lowered which meant everything else had to be fixed. I had been informed my compound bow did not or would never fit me. So I was kind of sad. Anyways though, we took a mini lesson with a re-curve bow and I am officially in love with archery. I also found out I have to shoot it left handed since my left eye is the dominant one...kind of hard to adjust to for sure. So we headed straight home from Tangy's and collapsed on the couch with food and a beverage.

This is what I woke up to Saturday morning...


I love weekend mornings because when I see something this adorable I can just pig pile into the middle and kiss and snuggle in all parties involved. How can it not be a good day starting out that way?

So Mitch and I went out to breakfast and ran all of our errands only to return around 1ish. We then proceeded to clean up and didn't get to sit down and relax until like 5. I was exhausted at this point but I still made Mitch his mussels in garlic wine sauce. He nommed on that while I scavenged our leftovers. I thought it would be an early night but alas I stayed up to see the Bruins lose (boo) and watch the entire live stream of the PBR from Anaheim, CA on my computer. Austin Meier kicked ass this week...Mike Lee...not so much (boo again).

So Sunday I had big cooking plans that were immediately halted by a bad and I mean baaaaaad toothache. As soon as I ate my breakfast of champions (at 11AM, I slept a little late) of Kix's cereal, my tooth just hurt. So I took some Alieve...no relief. I went upstairs, rebrushed my teeth and rinsed again...nada. Mitch went out and got me some liquid Ambesol...nope only hurt MORE. So I was pretty much debilitated and crying at this point. Tooth pain is the worse. I already had a dentist appointment scheduled for this coming Wednesday but it is not soon enough. Anyhoo, after taking some ibuprofen and chugging crazy water, the tooth finally settled a bit. It felt good enough for me to make my pot roast (another recipe compliments of Pioneer Woman), Mashed Potatoes (they were beyond sinful) and some blackberry cobbler I did up with Splenda.

Dinner was delicious...


This photo does not do it justice. It slow cooked in my cast iron dutch oven for hours in the oven...so tender, so simple yet soooo flavorful.

I got to eat this while watching the PBR so I was happy. Sadly I did not get intoxicated this weekend like I wanted to...or work on making babies repeatedly. It is OK, there is always next weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment