Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Le Sigh

So this weekend in NYC was a total blast. We were literally staying about 4 blocks from Madison Square Garden which made for a super simple trek to and from the PBR. The ladies and I demolished an entire bottle of Madiera Wine (if you do not know what this is I will inform you at a later point) and were feeling pretty good as we headed out for a dinner location. At said location we had 2 lemon drop shots, some beers and dinner.

To say we were feeling good (our wallets not so much) is a complete understatement. We got to MSQ with just enough time to snag another beer and sit in our seats. The PBR that night was AMAZING. I usually see these guys at the tail end of the season in CT but this weekend they were refreshed and rested and you could tell. I saw more qualified rides than usual. I also actually saw a 90 point ride in person, I was excited. Mike Lee kicked some serious butt this weekend (placed 5th) and Cody Nance took the title on Sunday. Sadly enough though, I saw my first serious wreck this weekend too. I know Pistol Robinson is doing well but seeing a man get both legs broken is still making me cringe today. He is definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

None the less, I didn't get to meet any of the cowboys this weekend which was definitely a bummer for me. That is OK because I will get to see them in April in CT, I promise you copious amounts of photos with me and smiling, handsome bull riders.

*Swoon*

Speaking of that, I have entered the "bad place" as my dear friend Kristen calls it. The "bad place" is when we start fixating on someone or something other than our husbands. In other words, I have gone to sleep thinking of cowboys and not my husband since Sunday. You could consider me a bad person for this but I know I will snap out of it in a week or 2, just need more mental distance from my weekend with cowboys.

This weekend of staying home in my pajamas most likely unwashed will help me with this. Cheers (and I will be clinking some glasses this weekend) to not showering for a day (or two)!

No comments:

Post a Comment