Thursday, March 22, 2012

Good news...for the most part.

So I met with the high risk obstetrician on Monday and the only thing between myself and pregnancy (hopefully) is getting my A1C down below 7. Once there I can go through the IVF process without fears of hurting my unborn fetus and myself. It is exciting because I know I can do that, sad because well I haven't yet. I need to get over this love affair I have with food that is terrible for me. Food is fuel, not a crutch for when I am feeling down or upset. Cheesecake is not a reward for getting through a tough week or having a bad day at work, it is death for me. I need to wrap my head around the fact that THIS SHIT IS KILLING ME.

Wow, kind of scary to see that in writing. I am committing suicide by sugar.

So I am back on the grind, Mitch and I are going to our 1st kickboxing class this weekend so I can get more exercise into my schedule too, all of it will help me drop my A1C, not to mention my weight too. I bet I am the skinniest I have been since high school when I get pregnant. How amusing (not).

I am currently going through some major carb withdrawals at the moment. When you analyze and see just how much you eat at a normal meal vs the oh 40g or so you should be having, it is kind of a shock. In carb speak a little goes a very short, tiny, minuscule way. Potatoes, I miss you.

So that is what I am working on. I am also thoroughly enjoying this insane weather in RI. I am wearing a maxi dress and sandals and I am warm, in March. Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment