Monday, March 5, 2012

Time is on my side....

So I am officially 30.

I decided on Friday that is was coming no matter what. Granted I kept waking up Friday night as I was sleeping with something close to a panic attack, I awoke Saturday morning to my adorable husband singing me Happy Birthday among kisses and snuggles so I guess that is a PRETTY AWESOME way to be woken up. He proceeded to give me my birthday gift of 2 tickets to the BOSTON BRUINS BABY! I get to watch them (hopefully) spank the Capitols this coming Saturday. I for sure had thought he got me a Lucic jersey but this was so much better.

And then I got out of the shower and noticed 5 minutes after being in my bedroom there was bag on the bed...containing the Lucic jersey. Score for me, minus the fact it was an mens XL and could have probably fit Zdeno Chara, never mind my 5'8" self.

Oh who is Chara besides the best defensemen in the NHL? Your welcome ladies in advance:


Meet my other infatuation minus cowboys. Hockey players. Swoon.

So I digress, my awesome hubby got me tickets AND a jersey for my birthday. I am so super excited about this. I had to leave him to go get my hair did. I had a party planned for that evening. Want to see how us classy people roll:


Yep, we rocked a full on school bus. Luckily the driver was pretty cool and let us drink and what not on the bus. Do not dare inquire what "what not" is :)

So the party bus was headed to Toby Keith's I Love My Bar in Foxboro at the Patriot's Place. The hubby had reserved one of the VIP rooms near the band so we could eat dinner and dance our butts off until about 11PM (early I know, boo). Here is my evening in a psuedo montage:


This is me saying "Dude there are a lot of people in my place using the facilities, I hope Mitch cleaned it up first, cringe"


As you can tell, for 30 I am a really classy chick. In reality this is my reaction to having to wear all this crap after spending time doing my makeup and hair. Thanks Mom.

I need to set up the following photos, my brother insisted I take a photo with everyone while they wore the horse hat. I was already feeling good, lol.



This is me and my girl Ashley, nice horse.


The mother in law Dianne and I, love this one, we look super cute.


This is my mao Kristen, also my best friend. She is excited, not lol. I always look like a linebacker next to her she is so tiny.


The hubby and I. He looked good in the cowboy hat...VERY good in the hat. The horse thing, not so much.


This is my mother and I. Cheesing!


My brother Shawn and I. He is still trying to look fabulous while wearing a horse on his head, lol.


Tiffany and I are feeling pretty good here, can you tell? No?


This is my brothers boyfriend Travis and I. As you can see, I am a very appropriate person.

Oh goodness, these photos will always be here on the web somewhere. This could be interesting, for sure.

Anyhoo we ate some delicious food ( the hubby and I split a appetizer samples and a rack of fall off the bone ribs. Yum Yum) we got to do some dancing. Dancing was interrupted for this:


You can't tell me that this isn't the most adorable cake you have ever seen? In case you are wondering purple is my favorite color. My mother in law knows whats up, this was compliments of Konditor Meister, aka the best damn place in New England to get a cake EVER.

I don't even know if i made a wish when I blew out my candles. I am guess I was wishing for another Malibu and soda water. 

Probably not the smartest wish seeing as how on the way home I was certain I was going to die or throw up. Luckily for me, neither occurred. I went home and passed out in bed with my make up on, shame on me.

Sunday was for recuperation sake, alas I have a mountain of laundry to tackle tonight due to my laziness yesterday. All in all though I have to definitely say it is worth it. 

Welcome 30's. you have already blown my 20's out of the water. Best party ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment