Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Back to the grind...

So I had a pretty awesome 4 day holiday weekend. I woke up Friday morning refreshed and ready to tackle my kitchen to surprise my boo with some homemade biscuits and gravy



Yes, they were as delicious as they look. I then proceeded to make some cinnamon rolls as well. This recipe makes 8 pans of rolls. I was a little worried working with yeast but I figured if I failed, no one had to know. If it was a success (which it was, an ooey gooey, delicious success) then I could give them to friends and family. I made them and they came out looking like this:



Do those look good? I even scrimped a bit on the frosting but as soon as they were ready I tried one and I almost wept myself into a diabetic coma. To say these are good are beyond accurate. I made this recipe and the biscuits and gravy compliments of a Pioneer Woman. I am so excited, I got her cookbook this Christmas and have proceeded to make 2 recipes from it since Sunday (the Marlboro Man Sandwich and Blackberry Cobbler) and Mitch is loving it. Mitch is also at home all week while I work. All I have to say to that is boo.

So I had a good weekend, I got to see all of my family and Santa was good to both Mitch and I. My Mom took the below picture at Common Park on Christmas night while we were checking out the lights



I am so excited for this coming weekend, Mitch and I get to see the Giants/Cowboys game in NJ. It is going to be my first NFL game and 1st time Mitch gets to see his boys the Cowboys play. I hope we both get home in one piece after wearing our Cowboys jerseys...we will only have to wait and see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment