Thursday, December 29, 2011

Welcome 2012 with Open Arms and No I am not Steven Perry...

I am so thankful that today is Thursday. Waking up each and every morning to shower dress and drive out to my job in MA while I leave the hubby and pup sleeping in bed is so very hard to do. Both of them smell of sleep and are warm to the touch, when I whisper my goodbyes with tender kisses I listen to sleepy sighs and settling back into the bed. To say I am jealous is an understatement.

A complete understatement.

Tomorrow I should be getting out early since it is our work week New Year's Eve, I have my fingers crossed I somehow miraculously get it off but I don't foresee that happening. I just want to stay in bed with my boys and be completely lazy tomorrow. Alas, I will have to wake up in the dark and repeat the leaving process one more time before I can stay in bed with them Saturday AM but only until about 9AM. Saturday Mitch and I leave for New Jersey to see a football game on Sunday. The Giants vs the Cowboys. Guess what team I will be cheering for?



My darling husband got me the above Cowboys jersey for me for Christmas, unknowing I was buying him tickets to finally see his boys play New Years Day. The game time has been changed from 1PM to 8:20PM, I have resigned myself to the fate that I will be freezing my butt off watching this game. I have to make sure I buy us some thermal underwear otherwise my nipples freeze off. The one upside to this late game is that on New Years Eve we can get toasted and sleep in until our hearts content on Sunday without worrying about missing the 1PM game. So I guess there is something to look forward too...a very swampy Kettle One martini, or hopefully a couple of those. I don't plan on getting fall down drunk because New Year's Eve is an amateur drinking holiday and I am almost 30, so I can or should be able to hold my liquor.

It has been a long time since I have gotten stupid drunk, maybe this weekend will be one for me. Or I can save it for the PBR next weekend at Madison Square Garden. Oh, you don't know what PBR stands for? That would be Professional Bull Riders, one of the only sports I watch every time it is on. I am dedicated to those bull riders and their polite manners, tight Wranglers and shy smiles. Not to mention they put their life on the line every time they get in the chute with a 1200lb bull whose only goal is to get said rider off. I love love love watching these events live and I am so excited to see their 1st event of the season. I am hoping and praying I can also get a picture with my favorite bull rider of all time, Mike Lee.



That is Mike Lee compliments of the PBR website. Isn't he dreamy? I may be a married woman but it is OK to have a little crush on someone else who isn't my husband. The only way it would be problematic is if I do something else with someone who isn't my husband. Anyways the above dream machine is also married with babies. He has the most amazing eyes I have ever seen in person, first time I made eye contact with him I was putty and he was my #1 bull rider. It also doesn't hurt he was the PBR World Champion in 2004. He is tough and knows how to ride bulls. My #2 man is Austin Meier. I am hoping and praying both my guys have awesome seasons this year. I can't wait to see them next weekend, I hope my cowboy boots come in on time.

Yes I live in RI and will soon own an awesome pair of Sangria cowboy boots. Yay :)

OK enough of this, I am going to continue to fantasize about Mike Lee and wish y'all a great New Years. See you in 2012.


No comments:

Post a Comment