Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays...Whatever PC Thing you Need

So all of my baking this weekend went off without a hitch. The white chocolate for my peppermint bark melted down perfectly, the fudge was sinful and my cookies were delicious and chewy. I was so proud of my baking prowess that on Sunday I had some people over for football and delighted them with a delicious Swedish Apple bake. I have to thank my dear friend Kristen for the topping recipe. It was sooooo good. I definitely need to photograph my food as I cook it because me telling you how good it was isn't the same as a picture that will put 5lbs on your waistline by just looking. So speaking of putting on 5lbs by a picture alone, please check out this recipe: Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls I have decided I am going to make these on my new found Friday off to give to some family members for the holidays. Yes I know that was the point of the treats I made last weekend but more is more, right? I will start making these after I make Mitchel some homemade biscuits and gravy from scratch for breakfast. My poor boo, if I keep cooking this way, he is going to get so fat. A Santa in training :) This will also be additional to the Italian Creme Cake and Creme Brulee Pie I am making for Christmas Eve/Christmas Day commitments. Fun times people. So the next few days of mine will be filled with gift wrapping, cooking, eating said cooking, Melting Pot (nom Fondue), friends and family. I am so excited. I decided to post today so I won't feel guilty ignoring this blog until next week. Now I have to head to Shaws for the 3rd time in a week to snag some ingredients for another cooking expedition. Fun times :) Have a happy holidays everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment