Friday, December 16, 2011

So This is Christmas...

One of things I love about the holidays besides the family, friends and well duh, presents, is the baking. Though I may be a diabetic, I absolutely adore baking and while I have tweaked recipes to my diet needs, come Christmas I bake for the masses since those are the people I am dispensing these noms (edibles) to. I usually start out with only one thing I am going to make and expand. Take this year for example. I decided I wanted to make 1 batch of peppermint bark to give out, I found a Paula Deen recipe and decided to tweak it by adding both white and dark chocolate layers to the bark. So I made my mini grocery list and held off to tackling both the grocery shopping and making of said bark until this weekend and then life happened...

I was on Facebook and found a link for Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies. Now, I may have lived in New England my entire life but I have family down in South Carolina. I was introduced to and fell in love with red velvet on my very 1st visit there. I came back up North and made red velvet this and that and introduced some of my friends to it for the first time too. It is so good, so seeing this on my advertisements on the side bar, I couldn't resist. I clicked, found the recipe and decided to add these to my mix for this weekend. So I added the ingredients to my grocery list, printed the recipe and moved on with my life, until...

I love Pioneer Woman. I want to live on a ranch in Oklahoma and home school my 4 children while sleeping beside an actual living and breathing cowboy. I love (lust) cowboys. It was the reason I went to the PBR (Professional Bull Riders for all of you uninformed folks) for the first time. I went for the cowboys and fell in love with the sport. I am actually driving to NYC in January so I can see them at Madison Square Garden for their 1st event of the season. I watch it every weekend on TV, I am a fan. OK so I digressed like a ton on that, back to square one.

So I love Pioneer Woman and happen to follow her on Twitter as well as read her blog. This morning she decided to post about a recipe on her sister site Tasty Kitchen that she came across. This recipe was entitled Nutella Chocolate and Sea Salt Fudge. There is not one word in that title I do not like. I am a Nutella fiend, I used to put that on my toast, pancakes, waffles, significant other. It is so good. So I have decided I am making that too because I don't have enough to do now. So I added those ingredients to my list and I went shopping today on my lunch hour so I had everything I needed and could no longer add to my list.

I am pretty excited to tackle these recipes tonight and tomorrow. I will definitely take some pictures and post them on the site Monday. I won't be able to do that sooner since I have baking, parties and friends to do (that sounded bad) this weekend. It is super packed but I like that! Check out the links for the recipes below if you decide you want to cook some up for yourself!

Peppermint Bark

Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies

Chocolate Nutella & Sea Salt Fudge

No comments:

Post a Comment